Thursday, August 6, 2015

#2GETHERWEAREBETTER AUGUST BULLETIN BOARDS

Finally getting a chance to link up with Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Angie from Lucky Little Learners


Since I just moved last Saturday I haven't exactly gotten to get into my new room. I went by to drop off all my school materials on Monday, but the floors were being waxed in my room. I had to drop off my materials in the book room as seen below. Don't judge the large mess.

I selected boards from Pinterest that I am planning to utilize when I actually get into my classroom (which i haven't even seen). 

Library Bulletin Board - 25 Creative Bulletin Board Ideas for Kids, http://hative.com/creative-bulletin-board-ideas-for-kids/,

I came across this and I think it is adorable. Anytime you can get students interested in reading you've accomplished something. My prior years of students love musical lyrics and why not put a spin on Call Me Maybe?? I am planning on putting this board in the hallway, so others can enjoy as well. 

21 Cool Anchor Charts To Teach Close-Reading Skills/ We're Big on Evidence

I am also planning on setting this bulletin board in my classroom. I love the terminology that goes along with evidence based learning. Last year I spent a good amount of time explaining to my students how to cite evidence in a text and how to use it to prove your ideas or points. This bulletin board would provide students a place to visually see examples of evidence based learning. 

Love the boa as a border!   Fancy Nancy can be used to go along with a fancy words wall. Students hear and learn new words every day and having a place for them to bring them back to gets them looking for new words that enhance their vocabulary.

Last, but certainly not least. I tell my students all the time during writing to use fancy words. I tell them that no one wants to read blah writing. Blah writing has no unique thought or individual idea behind it. You know what I am talking about. We try to help one another by not using blah vocab. As a group we collectively brainstorm fancy words to use in our writing, so this board would be very helpful. 

Thanks for joining me for this link up! Come back soon to read more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment