Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February Pick 3 Pinterest Linky


I'm linking up with Pawsitively Teaching for Pick 3 Pinterest picks. Here are my top three pins that I have found that I plan on using during the month of February in my classroom and hopefully you will too. 


Learn about the American Revolution with this fun activity for kids! Role playing with the American Revolution. FREEBIES INCLUDED! Young Teacher Love Blog

Currently I am teaching the Revolutionary War in Social Studies. I am working through the cause of the war and important leaders during this time. This pin is for a role play for my students. They love Reader's Theater, so I am going to try this.



Close Reading Nonfiction Texts for Upper Elementary - Each text is discreetly differentiated into four levels of difficulty, with reading levels ranging from high-fourth to high-eighth. Following each topic are second read, third read, and writing response activities. Options are included for your interactive notebooks. These could also be included in literacy centers or given as weekly homework. Each month contains four high-interest topics. $

Our Literacy Coach has us beginning to implement Close Reading with our students to prepare them for the new Georgia Milestone's testing that will begin in April. I don't have a lot of experience with Close Reading, so I am thinking about purchasing this product  from Fifth in the Middle to try with my kiddos. 


Consonant Cluster and Alphabet Chart FREE
For spelling we call it "Buddy Study" where the students are homogeneously placed together with others based on their Schlagel score. I teach the second grade group of students and this week our principle is consonant clusters. I found this chart that I will print off for my students for us to practice and review. 

2 comments: