Thursday, November 27, 2014

Black Friday Deal on TPT

Hip hip hooray!! It is time for a Black Friday deal on my teachers pay teachers store please go shop tomorrow. Cha Ching!


In preparation for turkey day, I made grape salad for my famaree (my interpretation of family from The Christmas Story). I got Wes to run out in the grocery buying rush last night to get the ingredients. I have to be careful sometimes sending him to the store. He is awesome about following directions and getting everything I need, but he always comes home with other treasures. For example, he came home with 8 dozen eggs just because they were 99 cents. Well we do eat a lot of eggs, so I shouldn't complain. We normally shop at Costco and purchase a large box of eggs every two weeks, so the 99 cent eggs were probably a better deal, so I shouldn't complain. I will post the recipe below.

Here is my grape salad recipe:

Grape Salad Recipe:

1 package of cream cheese
1 8oz container of sour cream
1/3 cup of sugar
3 table spoons of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 lbs seedless red grapes
2 lbs seedless green grapes
3 tablespoons of crushed pecans

Directions: Allow the cream cheese to thaw. Then mix the cream cheese with the sour cream, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Wash the grapes and pull of the stem. Place the grapes in a large bowl and mix the yummy mixture together with the grapes. I decided to leave my pecans for the side, since my niece is allergic to nuts. I wanted her to be able to partake in the yummy goodness. If you do not have a nut allergy in your family then just add the pecans to the mixture and stir it altogether. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment