Sunday, March 15, 2015

Teacher's Pet


I am linking up with Pawsitively Teaching for a shout out to teachers and their furry friends. Below you will see my beloved four legged friends and why they are important to me.


Meet "Bentley" Cooper Griffin, he is a precious almost 13 years old fur baby. I got him for my 17th birthday and he is quite the charmer. He is extremely smart and knows lots of tricks. He can sit, beg, give "high-five", roll over, and even play dead. He can tell you what he wants when he wants it. He is a full blooded Yorkshire Terrier and has an all around great personality.





Meet Lawrence "Duncan" Griffin, he is almost 8 years old. I got him for my 22nd birthday and he is the most easy going and compliant dog. He is loyal and independent and did I mention low maintenance. He is not a toy breed, so he requires a lot less attention than the other two. He can also do tricks, but is reluctant unless there are treats in front of his snout. He is a full blooded West Highland Terrier and he can be a nervous fret at times.




Meet Kingston "Maxwell" Griffin, he just turned 7 years old. I actually acquired this dog after a friend received him as a graduation gift from college and she wasn't able to successfully potty train him and her toddler at the time, so she gave an $800 dog to me. At first he was the most stubborn dog I had ever met. He was a terrible puppy who threw fits and cried every time I left him. I crate trained the other two with much success and I tried it on him and boy was it a year long disaster. He would poop, pee, and puke in his cage on purpose and then would smear it on the wall. You can imagine how I wanted the dog to disappear, but I looked at it as a challenge. I thought if I can handle this, I'll be prepared for parenthood one day. One day he woke up out of his stubborn attitude and has been the most pleasurable little pup since. He is the ultimate love sponge and I CANNOT imagine my life without the little devil dog. Let me clarify, I couldn't live without any three of them, it's just that Max was the strong willed child. He taught me the true meaning of perseverance.






I currently don't have a class pet, but I am definitely open to suggestions of a low maintenance animal.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up with us today. I just love to read everyone's pet stories.
    Take care, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, your pups are adorable! I wish my beagle was a bit more easy to rain but.....yea....he's more interested in napping. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your adorableness!

    ReplyDelete